Total Pageviews

Monday, May 31, 2010

HIMYM S1 EPISODE 2


Evening guys,
So it's on to the second episode of the first season entiltled - "Purple Giraffe" which is rather a weird title for the episode but in context of the show it's rather fitting!
This episode is all about Ted being casual or rather trying to be too casual in landing a date with Robin which leads to not one, not two, but three parties being held at the apartment with Robin being invited to all three but only attending the last one.
We learn Lily and Marshall are like rabbits - going at it when-ever and where-ever much to the dismay of their roommate - Ted. but I have to say it's more Lily that wanted the sex - which is weird because with such a hot woman at my side I would not leave the bedroom like Marshall does - but I guess guys have off days aswell (Barney would disagree).
Barney does not feature as prominently except for the random hottie hook-up at the party - the episode centres more around Ted and Robin - with Robin being pulled into the gang at the end.
My favourite quote of this episode is:
MARSHALL: So're you gonna ask her out?
TED: Yeah - NO! I can't ask her out, because if I ask her out "i'm asking her out." So how do I ask her out, without asking her out (thinks)
SILENCE
LILY: Did you guys get high?
My Barney-ism in this episode is more like a description and quote:
After meeting Tatiana (random hottie) as Ted's first party - her takes her home and beds her - sending her away the next morning but as fate would have it she shows up at the second party and is all lovey so only as Barney can do -
BARNEY: So its over between me and works-with-Carlos girl
TED: Oh that was fast
BARNEY: Yeah, I was thinking what's the quickest way to get rid of a girl you just met?
{FLASHBACK}
BARNEY: I think i'm in love with you!
TATIANA: What?
{FLASHBACK ENDS}
BARNEY: Thanks bro (walks away)
TED: (straight faced) Glad I could help
What another truly legendary episode - so tomorrow i'm planning on doing epsiode 3 SWEET TASTE OF LIBERTY. so join me!!
PEACE OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment