Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 30, 2010

HIMYM S1 EPISODE 1

Hi guys,

As promised, I will be doing the review of the first episode of season 1 of How I Met Your Mother with my favourite quote and Barney-ism.
To start off we have to meet the gang - Ted Mosby the hopeless romantic, Marshall Erikson the ever faithfull boyfriend/fiance/husband, Lily Aldrin the beer guzzling crude mouthed hottie, Robin Scherbatsky the gun mad canadian popstar and Barney Stinson the always entertaining womanizer.

Starting off the episode Marshall and Lily get engaged - Ted meets Robin for the first time and Barney has a new favourite type - Lebanese girls. The gang goes about their daily life as we find out they live above a bar - MacClarens pub and Barney always wears suits. Ted and Robin go on a first date and tells her he loves her - the idiot. Overall we discover it's Ted's life story and how he is going about in his life and how he met his wife with all the longwinded stories that come along - much to his future kids dismay!

My favourite quote from this episode is:
Lily and Marshall rush out of the apartment into a taxi - with Lily holding her eye after Marshall opened a bottle of shampagne and shot her on the eye.
LILY: Hit me? Please this guy can barely even spank me in bed for fun. He's all like "oh honey, did that hurt?" and i'm like "come on let me have it you pansy" WOW complete stranger
DRIVER: No no no no, it's ok, go on. So these spankings, you in pajamas or au naturale?

Hilarious - it's so funny! But it's actually very difficult to single out only one quote from a episode because if I have to put in all my favourite quotes 90% of the episode will be entered into this blog.

My Barney-ism of the episode is:
Disproving to Ted a person doesn't need to wait for a signal to kiss someone - he GRABS MARSHALL AND PLANTS A TONGUE TWIRLING KISS FULL ON THE MOUTH - much to the surprise and horror of Marshall.

Anyway I can definitely see why this series has achieved cult status - just by viewing the first episode - it's definitely LEGEN ... wait for it ... DARY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment