Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HIMYM - SEASON 1 EPISODE 7

What another wonderful night we have here, and what better to pass the time than blog about one of my favourite shows - How I Met Your Mother. This is Episode 7 of Season 1 which is entitled - The Matchmaker. And once again as in a lot of HIMYM episodes, we have two major stories - Ted & Barney and Lily & Marshall with Robin floating between the two.



The story starts off, once again in the pub our gang frequents - with all of the gang watching tv, where one of Robin's interviews is airing. After the segment she advises Ted that he should join, it might help him find "the one". Immediately Barney agrees - only too glad for the opportunity to hook up with sad, single women. That being said he cons Ted into going to Love Solutions and gets him to sign up. Where Ted gets no matches - sad! The only person he is matched up with is a woman who is engaged to get married but he tries to woo her anyway - but is unsuccessfull.

Marshall and Lily go through a traumatic experience - they encounter the "Cock - A -Mouse", a mystical creature brought on by the horizontal cha-cha of a mouse and a cockroach. All throughout the episode they try to kill the animal - but are unsuccessfull - and Robin even doubts the existance of this being, but she is proved wrong. Eventually they set it free, by throwing it out the window only to find out it can fly (btw - hilarious scene)!

The Barney-ism and quote are all rolled up into one in this episode:
The setting is the Love Solutions office
BARNEY: Come on Ted, this is an incredible opportunity. We'll meet our soulmates, nail 'em and never call them again (chuckles)
[Ellen Pierce enters the office]
ELLEN: All finished, gentlemen? Congratulations, you have just taken your first step.
BARNEY: Gosh, thanks Ellen. I sure hope it works. I'm so done with the single life, all the games and the meaningless sex.
ELLEN: You deserve more
BARNEY: That is so true, Ellen. I think i'm ready to stop being a me and start being a we. Hey, is there anyway I can let it be known that i love cuddling?
ELLEN: Oh, of course you can. That is so...
BARNEY: It's kinda hard to talk about with Ted here, but I just want someone who's not afraid to hold me at night when the tears come. Ellen, can you help me find her?ELLEN: Get out!
BARNEY: What?
ELLEN: I get 15 guys like you every week. Jerks who just want to meet vulnerable women, nail 'em and never call them again.
BARNEY: Oh my god, people do that?
ELLEN: You wanna do this the easy way or the hard way?
BARNEY: What's the hard way? Security roughs me up and tosses me out?
ELLEN: That's the easy way. The hard way is I stomp the crap out of you myself!

Barney looks as-if he doesn't believe her, Ellen stands up quickly. Barney stands up and runs away!

Just a quick note - the name Barney used on his application - Jack Package!!!!

Another legen ... dary episode!!

No comments:

Post a Comment