Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

HARRY POTTER SERIES



Let's talk about Harry Potter! Now I can go on all night about this brilliant book series and the amazing characters that were created within - but lets just start off on a series of posts regarding the amazing wizarding world of Harry Potter!

I started off with the film versions of the Harry Potter series and in so doing found the films entertaining and intruiging and wanted more. So I went to the books - got all seven of them over a period of two weeks and finished reading them within three weeks thereoff - all seven! I was hooked!!

So I re-read them and then with this new knowledge gained from the books I went back to the films and tried to find the same level of depth in them as well. I was so dissapointed. I feel Daniel Radcliffe is the absolute worst choice as Harry - but Emma Watson portrays Hermoine to the T and makes me fall in love with her beauty and brains everytime I read about her!

I am sorely dissapointed with the films - the crucial - and I do mean CRUCIAL information they leave out and the new stuff they bring in - like the Weasley's home burning down in the Half Blood Prince film - what is that all about??

The brilliant thing about the series is the fact that JK Rowling does not leave anyone out - for example looking at Neville Longbottem - he has been there from the start and started out as the character no one would choose for their side and then coming in at the end of the series as one of the major players in the fate of the magical world. This makes me feel like anything is possible no matter who you are!

The absolute brilliant thing about this is the message in the story, for which there are actually a few. Friendship overcoming all odds and love being the most powerful notion there is - and I like how Jo Rowling brings the things from everyday life and gives them a magical meaning and creating that feeling of magic all around. Because you may say you don't agree but deep down you know the notion of magic is something we all want to feel.

Like I said I can go on forever about these brilliant books but lets save some for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment