Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HIMYM - S1 EPISODE 5

Heehaw! Another brilliant week of FIFA matches have come and come - regrettably USA falling out of the competion - but nevertheless, we will perservere with another awesome episode of How I Met Your Mother - OKAY AWESOME!
This episode has two stories - Marshall & Lily and Ted, Robin & Barney with both coming together in a beautiful flourish of romance and comedy!
Ok the Marshall & Lily story centers around both of them feeling they are acting immaturely in their relationship by comparing it to what other couples their age do on their weekends - so Lily decides to host a small party at the apartment where they taste wine and eat cheese - but during Marshall decides its too boring - just out a window and goes out in search of the rest of the gang who have gone partying at the new club Okay Awesome! Then Lily finding an empty bathroom rushes out to find Marshall and in so doing descovers their relationship is pretty awesome!
The other part of the story is Robin being recognised from TV gets herself, Ted & Barney into the new club Okay Awesome! and hilarity ensues!



The Barney-ism of this episode is not a quote but more of an action during their time at the club:
Following his own decided upon plan to score with a 'cutlet' Barney grabs a random hottie from behind and grinds (seggestively dancing) into her without bothering to turn her around. Then when she eventually turns around it turns out he was dry humping his own cousin - and in so doing created a new situation for Ted to blackmail him with! Barney will just never learn!

The quote of the episode is a random one - but nevertheless funny:
This happens outside the club with Robin sitting on the curb
LILY: Marshall just ditched out on our own party. Can you get me in there? I kind of need to kill him?
ROBIN: Actually, I can't even get myself in. I was such a dork. I got recognised one time and I started thinking I'm Julia Robert. I'm no VIP, I'm not even an IP. I'm just a lonely little P sitting here in the gutter.
LILY: You know something. I'd take a P in the gutter over Julia Roberts anyday!
LAUGHTER ENSUES

No comments:

Post a Comment