Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

HIMYM - SEASON 6 EPISODE 1

With the start of season six, I had very high hopes for another absolutely brilliant episode, but alas, it turned out to be only mediocre with the odd dash of brilliance!



I was surprised as the build up to this episode had been brilliant and then a let down, but I guess my problem stems from the lack of a brilliant Barney-ism! The only part was the fantasy sequence going on about the dibs Barney had called on the girl at the bar that ends up marrying Ted.

The Marshall and Lily line was a continuation of the previous season, but I expected to see her pregnant as they had jumped a few months into the future. Marshall was screaming his lines too much, which seems to be a common occurrence from the previous season, a bad habit forming!

Robin pulled off the ugly ducking thing amazingly, but the rant she went on after the guy at the bar hit on her (kind of like her victory dance) was really disturbing and as a name sake, I am deeply disappointed!

The Barney-ism that made me laugh was when Barney turned around to look at the girl at the bar that had piqued Ted's interest - the look on his face was hilarious. And the only other part was the high six between him and Ted, I have got to try that one out!



Rachel bilson made a reappearance and looked as fine as ever, and man oh man the girl on girl kiss between her and the girl at the bar, my ears just turned red!

I would recommend give Barney a few new catch phrases and for him to use his signature one some time in the episode! So "Suit up!"

I give this episode a solid 6.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment